Today I worked on something a little more cerebral. I made a game!
Bubble Breaker is a clone os the classic Flash game (remember those?) Bubble Shooter. Back when I first started with the ambulance, Bubble Shooter was passed around via email as a COM object inside an Excel spreadsheet. Ah, the things we did to pass the time.
Now, we all carry iPads, and they're "locked down", so we get a nasty-gram whenever we download something unapproved from the App Store. I don't like nasty-grams. So, I made the Bubble Breaker web app—it's unmanaged and can be added to the home screen just like a native app. And, if you score highly, you can submit a high score!
- Native-style widgets via Framework7
- Supports Touch Events
- Submission of High Scores
- Can add to iOS home screen with icon
- Targeting portrait-mode iPad resolution only (will fix)
- Requires internet connection to load
- Does not handle orientation changes well (will fix...)
- Bubble Shooter for the base
<canvas>code and game.
- Get it
- GitHub repo coming soon.